A New Way to Fight Stress | Parade.com

A New Way to Fight Stress | Parade.com

The Parade is covering a Somatic modality! Wow perhaps we are seeing small ripples in the world that the body or rather the mind-body is the foundation of health and well being. Perhaps our collective suffering via the hyper addiction to mentalizing reality and the numbing effects of modern social life are reaching a point that we can no longer tolerate the stress loads we have taken on and we are making a sweet return to our most simple experience of our self. My one complaint about this article is the modality-centered approach. Its a mechanical approach to mind body integration. Meaning if I apply IBMT to me-or my body-as object then I will have stress relief, but really there are many diverse ways and modalities to meet the needs of a range of body's to integrate with mind's, there is not just one way, god forbid, but rather a plethora of creative approaches to this issue. Thoughts?
s